- If you get the 'device driver not found' error, make sure it's plugged into USB 2.0, not 3.0.
Before fixing someone's computer... try to somehow ask or suggest them to physically clean their computer before bringing it to you for fixing. Particularly: keyboard, mouse, monitor, case
- One update to keep in mind: scheduled antivirus scans, scheduled Windows update
- If asked... it's called "preventive maintenance." Seriously. Ew.
- "Choose how updates are delivered" = Set to Off
Here is how you delete dropped files after running a scan on your system.
Boot your system into DOS then:
- Delete the following files from the Windows directory (usually C:\Windows): Temp$01.exe, Temp#01.exe, Scanregw.exe
- Go to the Windows System directory (usually C:\Windows\System) and delete this file: H@tkeysh@@k.dll
This is not an ideal solution since you are already compromised. The best way to deal with a compromised system is to start over (reinstall Windows).
- Bing is good for anything Microsoft related because Bing indexes all of the TechNet and then some.